MEDICAL RECORD RETRIEVAL
At RSB, the Medical Record Retrieval process begins with a telephone contact with the provider to confirm the existence and location of the provider, confirm that the record in question is available, and to make arrangements for the fastest and most economical procurement of that record.
When we receive the record, we confirm that it is for the subject in question and that it covers the time period of concern to the claims examiner. The records are then returned securely. Our aim is to always balance speed with economy.
We provide a thorough canvassing of pharmacies or hospitals within a specified radius of the subject’s residence or workplace. Those facilities are then contacted to confirm that profile information exists. That information is then provided directly to the client or we will arrange for the immediate securing of the records if that is requested. Like every aspect of our business, this service is managed by claims professionals who have the experience and expertise to know what information is relevant to your search and who are able to competently discuss the situation with the requester should the need arise.
HOSPITAL / PHARMACY CANVASS
- National program
- Proprietary/Internet Databases
- Pharmacy Canvass: Obtain prescription profiles
- Hospital Canvass: Obtain abstracts
- Follow-up with physicians identified/profile
- Obtain medical records
- Perform pharmacy canvass and obtain prescription profile
- Database check/match – confirm
- Current name
- Current address
- Other addresses
PHARMACY CANVASS - BENEFITS
- 87 % hit ratio – pharmacies with profiles
- 2 new pharmacies developed per/request
- 7 year history / prescription profile / data
- 16 day time service (average)
- Strategic alliance with national pharmacies
CLIENT PORTAL LINKAGE
An area of competitive advantage is our proprietary client portal. This live site allows for an interface where our clients order new case work from us, and we post results of searches. This portal has distinct advantages that include: Real Time IM communications, deep history of documentation for LTD DI Cases, and simple navigation. Our clients' data stays in the USA (exception - foreign work) and is managed by our full-time US staff based in Washington State.