Research Service Bureau - Kent, WA
$45,000-50,000 annually, plus benefits, with bonus tied to achievements, DOE, no relocation assistance is offered
Our company is seeking a self-motivated, ambitious professional to fill our Managerial role located in Kent, Washington. This person must have strong administration skills and a positive leadership approach to help grow our business.
Operations manager is responsible for all office management functions including staffing, quality control, and business maintenance operations. This individual manages the staff, directs assets, and focuses output to deliver on management and customer expectations. Also, provides analytical support to other departments as it relates to customer service levels and drives continuous cost improvements across all aspects of the business. This successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and proven track of success in achieving business results through leadership and effective communication. Strong financial understanding and budgeting, as well as the development and oversight of internal policies and procedures is a plus. This is a tremendous opportunity for a junior manager with some leadership experience to move to the next level and grow with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Leadership and centralized decision-making for a professional office of 12 people engaged in call center and record retrieval business.
· Work with ownership and senior management to develop customized leadership approach to meet the informational needs of the company, such as customer-level reporting, job costing, receivables and vendor management, and trends reporting.
· Lead all payroll reporting efforts in a multi-state payroll environment using a third-party payroll service provider.
· Coordinate with outside CPA firm for annual federal and state income tax returns
· Act as the subject matter expert on the company’s accounting software and reporting tools (QuickBooks Enterprise and Prevail); the Operations Manager will own the general ledger and ensure accounting entries are handled in ways that support the needs of the business with regards to both compliance and operations.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government HIPAA regulations and keep data secured.
- Develop and document business processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Other duties and special projects as assigned and needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneur mindset and goal-driven approach.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, to include interface with employees, leadership and clients
- Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices and financial accounting standards.
- Demonstrable quality improvement skills with attention to the creation of processes and controls to achieve timely and accurate results.
- Proven ability to work with non-accounting personnel across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, management reports and projections (financial and cash flow).
- Ability to leverage technology to process data and produce reports in an efficient and easily updated manner
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Advanced/intermediate expertise with Excel, proficient with Word and Outlook
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline, i.e. BA in Accounting, Communication or Management is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in team leadership of 8 or more people required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in insurance industry preferred
- Minimum of 5 years total experience in a related business field a plus